Eiger’s estimate of remaining print material is deliberately conservative. To improve the accuracy of material metering, you can re-weigh your spool without unloading material by using the Reset Plastic Meter and Reset Fiber Meter utilities.
- Select Menu > Materials > Reset Plastic Meter or Reset Fiber Meter.
- Carefully remove the appropriate spool from the drybox or printer, setting aside the spindle. Do not unload the filament from the printer.
- Weigh the spool as normal.
- Enter the new spool weight at the prompt, then press Done.
- Replace the spindle and carefully replace the spool, making sure the filament is wound back onto the spool as normal to prevent any slack in the line.