- Replacement plastic feed tube
Remove Plastic Feed Tube
- Unload plastic material. For more information, see Unload Plastic.
Note: At the end of this routine, the plastic feed tube should be disconnected from the push-to-connect fitting on the back of the plastic extruder. Do not reconnect the plastic feed tube at this time.
- Open the drybox and respool all plastic filament left in the feed tube. Tape the end of the filament to the spool, then close the drybox.
- Press on the push-to-connect fitting on the drybox adapter to detach the plastic feed tube from the drybox.
- Remove and discard the old plastic feed tube.
Replace Plastic Feed Tube
- Insert one end of the new plastic feed tube through the opening in the back of the cabinet and into the adapter on the back of the drybox.
- Feed the other end of the plastic feed tube through the opening in the back of your printer, between the stepper motor and printer casing, until it reaches the plastic extruder. Ensure that the feed tube passes between the printer casing and the fiber extruder, as well. Do not connect the plastic feed tube to the plastic extruder at this time.
- Reload plastic material. For more information, see Load Plastic.