Note that the actions described in this section can only be performed by the organization owner. For more information, see Organization Owner.
- Navigate to the Invitations page within the Organization Settings section.
- Enter the email address of the user to be invited in the Send Invitation box near the top of the page.
- Click the Send button to send an invitation email to that user.
- View any unaccepted invitations in the Pending Invitations section.
- Optional: Press the Delete button to the right of an email address in the Pending Invitations section to delete the invitation for that email address.
- Once an invitation has been sent to a user, they should follow the instructions in their invitation email to create an account. If the user never receives the invitation email, please verify that the email address is spelled correctly, then contact Support.
Note that, once a user has been deleted, their parts and projects will be transferred to the organization owner. Note too that if an organization has only a single user (its owner), that user must delete their Eiger account to delete the organization. Until they do so, they will not be able to accept an invitation to another organization.
- Navigate to the User Management page within the Organization Settings section.
- Click the Remove User button to the right of the user you wish to remove.
- Enter your password in the text field to confirm that you wish to remove this user.
- Click Remove User to remove them from your organization.
Transferring Ownership to Another User
Note that this action can only be performed if there is at least one other user in the organization.
- Navigate to the Organization Profile page within the Organization Settings section.
- Click the Edit button in the Organization Owner section, under Organization Information.
- Click inside the Set Organization Owner field and start typing to load a drop-down menu of users. Select the desired user from the list.
- Enter your current password into the field labeled Password Required to confirm the transfer.
- Press the Save button to transfer the ownership of your Eiger organization to the selected user.
Renaming a Device
Note that the device must be offline to be renamed; Eiger will not present the option to rename an online device.
- Navigate to the Devices page and select the device that you wish to rename.
- Click the Actions button in the top right corner of the page.
- Select Rename Device from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the new device name in the Device Name field.
- Press Rename Device to change the name of the device.
- If the device normally operates online: Reconnect your device to the Internet to update the dashboard with the new device name.