STL files can be exported from CAD programs and imported into Eiger as parts for slicing. Note that STL files contain no scale information or units; check the sliced part to confirm that the physical dimensions of the printed/sintered part will be correct.
Follow the instructions below to import an STL file from any Eiger page.
- Click the Import STL icon in the navigation bar.
- Click within the Upload File box and select the file in question, or click and drag the file from a directory window into the box.
- Input the desired part name in the Name input field.
- Optional: Select the desired destination folder from the Folder drop-down menu. If you do not wish to add the part to a folder, leave All Parts (Default) as the selected folder. For more information on folders, see Folders.
- Click Import STL to import the file to Eiger. You will be redirected to the Part View page for the newly created part.
- Change any desired settings in the Part Settings panel. For more information, see Part View.
- Click Save in the bottom right corner.