- 2mm hex key
- Painter’s tape (or similar tape that will not leave residue)
Markforged products contain high voltage and other hazards. Do not remove any panels or protective guards without appropriate technical training and experience necessary to minimize the risks to yourself and others. If you do not feel comfortable accessing service areas of your Markforged product, please contact your Reseller.
Disable the Wi-Fi Adapter
- Unload all materials from the printer. For more information, see Unload Plastic and Unload Fiber, if applicable.
- Disconnect the feed tube from the plastic extruder. Remove it from the printer and set it aside.
- Remove and set aside the print bed and any fiber spools.
- Power off your printer and unplug the power supply from the back panel.
- Remove and set aside the Wi-Fi antenna / Ethernet cable.
- Tape the lid and visor of the printer closed to prevent them from accidentally opening.
- Perform a two-person lift to remove the printer from the lower cabinet. Place the printer upside down on a flat, stable surface.
- Using a 2mm hex key, remove the 12 screws that attach the bottom plate to the printer. Set the screws and the bottom plate aside.
- Unplug the Wi-Fi module (white in the photo below) from the USB hub in the base of the printer.
- Replace the bottom plate of the printer such that the grate is aligned with the fan, then use the 2mm hex key to reinstall the 12 screws.
- Perform a two-person lift to turn the printer upright and replace it on top of the lower cabinet.
- Remove and discard the tape holding the lid and visor shut.
- Reinstall the print bed, plastic feed tube, and Wi-Fi antenna / Ethernet cable.
- Plug in and power on the printer.
- Select the Wi-Fi or Ethernet icon from the dashboard.
- Press the Offline tile to prevent the printer from using extra resources to search for wireless networks.
- Select Done.
- Reload material. For more information, see Load Plastic and Load Fiber, if applicable.