- 2.5mm hex key
- Glue stick
- Leveling shim labeled PLASTIC
- Leveling shim labeled FIBER
Remove the Print Head
Note: Take care not to discard any hardware you remove during this procedure, as you may need it during the reinstallation.
- Completely unload any print material from your printer. For more information, see Unload Plastic and Unload Fiber, if applicable.
- Power off your printer.
- Remove the thumbscrews connecting both Bowden tubes to the print head. Allow the tubes to hang freely.
- Slide the ribbon cable clip away from the print head and the circuit board.
- Gently squeeze the tabs at the top and bottom of the ribbon cable connector and pull it away from the board. Allow the cable to hang freely.
- While supporting the print head with your hand, use a 2.5mm hex key to remove the two screws connecting the print head to the print head base.
- Carefully pull the print head off of the print head base.
Replace the Print Head
- Carefully place the new print head onto the print head bracket and hold it in place. Be careful to align the pins on the print head bracket with the holes on the print head to avoid damaging the pins.
- While supporting the print head with your hand, use a 2.5mm hex key to tighten the two screws that connect the print head to the print head bracket.
- Reinsert the ribbon cable into its connector until both tabs snap into place, then slide the cable clip back onto its bracket.
Note: Be careful not to break the cable, clip, or board. Ensure that the cable is secure. The clip will keep the cable from dragging on parts or becoming damaged.
- Reinstall the Bowden tubes for both materials and tighten the thumbscrews into the print head.
- Power on your printer.
- Reload print material into your printer. For more information, see Load Plastic and Load Fiber, if applicable.
- Temporarily disable the Scan Bed Before Prints option (Menu > Settings > System Info > gear icon); you will re-enable this feature after calibrating the print bed.
- Run the Z Offset utility (Menu > Bed Level > Adjust Print Bed Z Offset) and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Run the Shim Bed Level utility (Menu > Bed Level > Shim Bed Level) and follow the onscreen instructions. When prompted, continue on to calibrate the fiber nozzle height.
- Run the Adjust Laser Offsets utility (Menu > Utilities > Print Head Alignment > Laser-Guided Offsets) and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Re-enable the Scan Bed Before Prints option (Menu > Settings > System Info > gear icon).
- Run the Laser Bed Level utility (Menu > Bed Level > Laser Bed Level) and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Run the Adjust Fiber Nozzle Height utility again (Menu > Bed Level > Adjust Fiber Nozzle Height) and follow the onscreen instructions. For more information, see Adjust Fiber Nozzle Height.