- 3mm hex key
- 2.5mm hex key
Remove the Tensioner
Note: Take care not to discard any hardware you remove during this procedure, as you will need it during the reinstallation.
- Power off your printer.
- Use the 3mm hex key to loosen the belt’s tensioner by turning it 3–4 full rotations.
- Use the 2.5mm hex key to loosen and remove the two screws that hold the tensioner in place.
- Using the hex key, push the shaft pin through the pulley and remove the pulley from the belt.
- When you remove the pin and pulley, you will have 5 separate pieces:
- One pin
- One pulley (with old bearings still installed)
- Two concave washers
- One tensioner assembly
Replace the Tensioner
Note: Reinstalling the two washers in an incorrect orientation can damage the system. Make sure to align each washer with its convex (rounded) face inward, flush against the bearing.
- Align the two washers with their convex faces flush against the pulley, then wrap the belt around the pulley with its ribbed side facing inward. Then insert the pulley (with the washers still in place) into the tensioner assembly.
- Use your finger to push the shaft pin through the hole in the tensioner assembly, through the pulley, and out the other side. Ensure that the same length of pin protrudes equally on both sides of the pulley.
- After the pulley is successfully installed, ensure that the rest of the belt is properly routed through the idler pulleys located in the Y-axis rail.
- Reinstall the tensioner assembly and use the 2.5mm hex key to securely tighten the remaining two screws.
- Adjust the belt tension. For more information, see Adjust Belt Tension.