- 2mm hex key
- 2.5mm hex key
Remove the Fiber Extruder
Note: Take care not to discard any hardware you remove during this procedure, as you will need it during the reinstallation.
- Completely unload all print material. For more information, see Unload Plastic and Unload Fiber.
- Cool the print head (Menu > Utilities > Manual Control > Temperature Control > Cool).
Note: The print head may take several minutes to completely cool.
- Power off your printer and manually move the print head away from the extruders.
- Using the 2mm hex key, slightly unscrew the top left socket head cap screw on the fiber extruder.
Note: Do not unscrew it all the way. It should require no more than one full turn to loosen.
- Remove the fiber Bowden tube from the extruder.
- Using the 2mm hex key, slightly unscrew the top right socket head cap screw on the fiber extruder.
Note: Do not unscrew it all the way. It should require not more than one full turn to loosen.
- Remove the fiber feed tube from the extruder. Let it hang freely.
- Using the 2.5mm hex key, loosen the four screws that secure the fiber extruder to the printer chassis.
Note: The bracket on the extruder has keyhole slots that enable the extruder to slide out without the screws being removed.
- Disconnect the 3-wire connector from the PCBA on the top of fiber extruder.
- Disconnect the 4-wire connector from the back of the fiber extruder.
Note: You may need to use pliers to remove the 4-wire connector. Be careful not to let the base of the extruder sever the wires.
- Remove the fiber extruder.
Reinstall the Fiber Extruder
- Insert the 3-wire and 4-wire connectors into the corresponding ports on the new fiber extruder and ensure that they are plugged in all the way.
- Seat the new fiber extruder on the printer chassis such that the keyhole slots on the extruder bracket align with the screws.
- Tighten the four screws that connect the base of the extruder to the chassis.
- Securely insert the fiber Bowden tube into the front of the fiber extruder and tighten the top left screw.
- Securely insert the fiber feed tube into the back of the extruder and tighten the top right screw.
- Power on your printer.
- Reload materials. For more information, see Load Plastic and Load Fiber.