- 2.5mm hex key
- USB drive from accessory kit
Remove the Print Head
Note: Take care not to discard any hardware you remove during this procedure, as you will need it during the reinstallation.
- Completely unload materials from your printer. For more information, see Unload Plastic and Unload Fiber, if applicable.
- Cool the print head (Utilities > Manual Control > Temperature Control > Cool).
Note: The print head may take several minutes to completely cool.
- Power off your printer.
- Remove the thumbscrews connecting both Bowden tubes to the print head. Allow the tubes to hang freely.
- Slide the ribbon cable clip away from the print head and the circuit board.
- Gently squeeze the tabs at the top and bottom of the ribbon cable connector to release it from the board. Allow the cable to hang freely.
- While supporting the print head with your hand, use the 2.5mm hex key to remove the two screws connecting the print head to the print head base.
- Carefully pull the print head off of the print head base.
Replace the Print Head
- Carefully place the new print head onto the print head base. Ensure that you align the pins on the print head base with the holes on the print head so that the pins are not damaged.
- While supporting the print head with your hand, use the 2.5mm hex key to tighten the two screws that connect the print head to the print head base.
- Reinsert the ribbon cable into its connector until both tabs snap into place, then slide the cable clip back onto its bracket.
Note: Be careful not to break the cable, clip, or board. Ensure that the cable is secure. The clip will keep the cable from dragging on parts or becoming damaged.
- Reinstall both Bowden tubes and tighten the respective thumbscrews into the print head.
- Power on your printer.
- Reload print material into your printer. For more information, see Load Plastic and Load Fiber, if applicable.
- Plug the provided USB drive (see Supplies, above) into your printer.
- Select the menu icon from the dashboard.
- Select the Storage tile from the menu options.
- Select the Print From Storage tile from the menu options.
- Select the file from the USB drive and press Print to update the offsets for the print head.
Note: This print file may require specific materials to be loaded but will not actually print anything.