- 4mm hex key
The procedure for replacing the printer visor is the same on both Desktop and Industrial printers.
Note that some images in this article feature the A3648 plastic extruder; for more information on different versions of the plastic extruder, see the A1095 and A3648 Plastic Extruders support article.
Remove the Printer Visor
Note: Take care not to discard any hardware you remove during this procedure, as you will need it during the reinstallation.
- Use the 4mm hex key to loosen the two bolts that secure the visor to the printer frame.
- Remove the bolts and washers from the printer and set them aside.
Remove the caps from the outside of the visor and set them aside.
- Remove and set aside all other connection hardware (see diagram below).
- Carefully remove the visor from the printer.
Before starting a print, you should be sure to reinstall or replace your visor. For more information, see the section below.
Replace the Printer Visor
- Slide the visor onto the printer, aligning the circular slots on both the visor and the printer.
- Slide the spacers with the slots on the printer frame.
- Insert and align all other connection parts according to the image below.
- Reattach the visor caps on each side.
- Use the 4mm hex key to fasten the bolts at each connection point on the visor.
Note: Tighten the bolts just enough to prevent the visor from closing under its own weight.