- 2.5mm hex key
- 4mm hex key
Remove the Print Visor
Note: Take care not to discard any hardware you remove during this procedure, as you will need it during the reinstallation.
- Detach the plastic feed tube from the clips behind the fiber extruder by pulling it toward the center of the printer.
- Using the 2.5mm hex key, remove and set aside the four screws securing the sheet metal cable guard to the printer casing behind the fiber extruder.
- Lift the cable guard to remove it from the printer and set it aside.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for the sheet metal cable guard on the opposite rail. Wiggle the cable guard to remove it from beneath the lid hinge.
- Use the 4mm hex key to loosen the two bolts that secure the visor to the printer frame.
- Remove the bolts and washers from the printer and set them aside.
- Remove the caps from the outside of the visor and set them aside.
- Remove and set aside all other connection hardware (see diagram below).
- Carefully remove the visor from the printer.
Before starting a print, you should be sure to reinstall or replace your visor. For more information, see the section below.
Replace the Print Visor
- Slide the visor onto the printer, aligning the circular slots on both the visor and the printer.
- Slide the spacers with the slots on the printer frame.
- Insert and align all other connection parts according to the image below. Note that the clear plastic visor is situated between the spacer and button on the outside of the chassis.
- Reattach the visor caps on each side.
- Use the 4mm hex key to fasten the bolts at each connection point on the visor.
Note: Tighten the bolts just enough to prevent the visor from closing under its own weight.
- Replace the right and left sheet metal cable guards.
- Using the 2.5mm hex key, reinstall the four screws on each cable guard.