- Glue stick
About the TrueBed
The Markforged TrueBed is produced from a precision composite laminate and is designed to be flat, robust, and easy to use. It includes two locating features at the back of the bed that enable the print bed to quickly drop into place, every time. The material used in the TrueBed is also resistant to scratches and has no risk of delamination; however, the surface does wear out after many parts have been removed, and the bed is still considered a consumable item.
- Be sure to apply a layer of glue prior to every print
- Use warm water and a sponge to wash the TrueBed
- Use proper scraping technique to avoid damaging the bed when removing parts. For more information, see Safely Removing Printed Parts
Prepare the Print Bed
- Before starting a print, ensure that the print bed is totally clean of plastic from any previous prints. Scrape off any plastic with the provided bed scraper.
- Use the provided glue stick to apply a layer of glue to the area of the print bed where you intend to print. This will keep the part attached to the bed during printing and allow for easier part removal.
- After each print, use warm water to clean any residual glue from the print bed.
Note: The bed is waterproof. You can fully submerge the bed and wash it thoroughly. Do not use a dishwasher. Do not use soaps or other cleaners, as these may damage or leave residue on the bed.