- 7mm torque wrench
- Replacement plastic
The plastic nozzle should be replaced approximately every 3-6 months or 1,000 print hours.
Replace the Plastic Nozzle
Before you begin the process of replacing your plastic nozzle, please note that your printer has a built-in utility which will walk you through the replacement process step by step.
- Select the menu icon from the dashboard.
- Select the Utilities tile from the available options.
- Select the Maintenance tile from the available options.
- Select the Replace Plastic Nozzle tile.
- When the printer finishes heating, press the Unload Plastic button.
- Clear any plastic from the nozzle and press Next on the touchscreen.
- Use the 7mm torque wrench to loosen the plastic nozzle and press Next.
Note: The print head will take five to seven minutes to completely cool.
- Transfer the washer from the old nozzle to the new nozzle.
- Apply a small amount of Anti-Seize to the end of the threads of the new nozzle and press Next on the touchscreen.
Note: Be sure not to get any of the Anti-Seize inside the nozzle.
- Select the Cool Head option on the touchscreen.
- When the print head finishes cooling, press Next on the touchscreen.
- Using the torque wrench, screw the new nozzle partway into the print head, then unscrew it and screw it partway in again; this helps disperse the Anti-Seize over all of the threads. Press Next to continue with the utility.
- When the print head reaches temperature, tighten the nozzle until it clicks.
Note: Be sure the torque wrench has solid contact at all points on the nozzle. Failure to do so may result in your plastic nozzle being stripped.
- Press the Reload Plastic button on the touchscreen.
- Clear any extruded plastic and press Next.
- Press Done to finish the utility.