- USB drive (FAT32 format) or USB-A to USB-B cable
Important: Do not use the factory reset USB drive that came with your printer.
Create and Export a Build to USB
- Sign into Eiger and import your STL file.
- Configure the settings and layers in Eiger as necessary and click Save.
- Once your part has been sliced and saved, click Print at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click and drag your part to position it on the print bed.
- Select Export Build from the Select Printer drop-down menu on the right side of the screen.
- Click Export Build at the bottom right of the screen. Eiger will generate the print and then download it.
- You can now either transfer the saved MFP file to a USB thumb drive or print directly from your computer using the included USB cable.
Print from USB
- Save the desired file to the root directory of a USB drive.
Note: Your .mfp file cannot be in a folder.
Note: When creating a file name for your .mfp file, please limit the characters in the name to ASCII characters. Your printer will not recognize names with non-standard ASCII characters.
- Eject the USB drive from your computer and plug it into the back of the printer.
- Select the USB icon from the dashboard.
- Select the Print From Storage tile from the menu options.
- Select the file from the USB drive and press Print.
Print Directly from Computer via USB Cable
To print a file directly from your computer, use the USB-A to USB-B cable from the accessory kit to transfer the exported MFP file to the printer as if it were an external drive.
- Use the USB-A to USB-B cable to connect the computer containing the MFP file to the USB-B port at the back of the printer.
Note: This is different from the USB port where you would insert a thumb drive into the printer.
- On the computer, the printer will appear among the list of external drives. Open it in the Finder/Explorer/filesystem as you would a thumb drive.
- Copy the MFP file to the printer.
- On the computer, eject the printer as you would a thumb drive.
- On the printer's touchscreen, select the menu icon from the dashboard.
- Select Storage.
- Select Print from Storage.
- Select the MFP file you just transferred to the printer and press Print.