- Create and Export Build to USB
- Print via USB Drive
- Print Directly from Computer via USB Cable
- Accessing USB on a Non-Wifi Enabled Device
- USB drive (FAT32 format) or USB-A to USB-B cable
Important: Do not use the factory reset USB drive that came with your printer.
Create and Export a Build to USB
- Sign into Eiger in a Google Chrome browser and import your STL file.
- Configure the settings and layers in Eiger as necessary and click Save.
- Once your part has been sliced and saved, click Print at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click and drag your part to position it on the print bed.
- Select Export Build from the Select Printer drop-down menu on the right side of the screen.
- Click Export Build at the bottom right of the screen. Eiger will generate the print and then download it.
- You can now either transfer the saved MFP file to a USB thumb drive or print directly from your computer using the included USB cable.
Print via USB Drive
- Save the desired file to the root directory of a FAT32-formatted USB drive.
Note: Your MFP file cannot be in a folder. When naming your MFP file, please limit the characters in the file name to ASCII characters. Your printer will not recognize file names with non-standard ASCII characters.
- Eject the USB drive from your computer and plug it into the back of the printer.
- Select the menu icon from the dashboard.
- Select Storage.
- Select Print From Storage.
Note: Markforged printers do not recognize encrypted devices. If the Print From Storage tile is grayed out, consult your IT department to ensure that your USB drive and its contents are not encrypted.
- Select the file from the USB drive and press Print.
Print Directly from Computer via USB Cable
To print a file directly from your computer, use the USB-A to USB-B cable from the accessory kit to transfer the exported MFP file to the printer as if it were an external drive.
- Use the USB-A to USB-B cable to connect the computer containing the MFP file to the USB-B port at the back of the printer.
Note: This is different from the USB port where you would insert a thumb drive into the printer.
- On the computer, the printer will appear among the list of external drives. Open it in the filesystem as you would a thumb drive.
- Copy the MFP file to the printer.
- On the computer, eject the printer as you would a thumb drive.
- On the printer's touchscreen, select the menu icon from the dashboard.
- Select Storage.
- Select Print from Storage.
Note: Markforged printers do not recognize encrypted devices. If the Print From Storage tile is grayed out, consult your IT department to determine whether your computer is encrypted. If so, you will need to print via USB drive instead; see above for more information.
- Select the MFP file you just transferred to the printer and press Print.
Accessing USB on a Non-Wifi Enabled Device
If your printer does not have a Wi-Fi adapter installed, it will not recognize a USB drive inserted after the device has been powered on. If the printer cannot access the contents of your USB drive, power cycle the printer (with the USB drive still inserted) and try again.