Update Firmware via Cloud Update
Your printer can be updated via the Cloud Update utility. Before beginning, make sure that your printer is connected to the Internet. For more information, see Connect Your Printer.
- Select the menu icon from the dashboard.
- Select the Settings tile from the menu options.
- Select Update Manager.
- Press the Cloud Update tile if it is available. The update will take a few minutes to install, after which your printer will restart. Do not turn your printer off during the update process.
Note: An update is available if the Cloud Update tile is blue. If the tile is gray, your system is either up-to-date or not connected to the Internet.
Update Firmware via USB
Your printer can be updated via USB. You will need a different USB drive than the one that came with your printer. The USB drive should be FAT32-formatted, and the update will need to be placed in the root folder of the drive.
Note: The update must be the only file in the root directory, otherwise the firmware update will fail.
- Log into your Eiger account and navigate to Settings > Account Settings > About.
- Click the Download button under Printer Firmware to download the USB update.
- Copy the USB update to the root directory of an otherwise empty FAT32-formatted USB drive. Insert the USB drive into the USB port of your printer.
- Begin the update process by either:
- Pressing the blue Update Available banner at the bottom of the screen.
- Navigating to Menu > Settings > Update Manager on your printer's touchscreen.
- Press Update to apply the update. The update will take a few minutes to install, after which your printer will restart. Do not turn your printer off during the update process.