The Network Diagnostic Utility checks your Markforged device's network connectivity, and generates a plaintext log of all errors encountered during the scan. The error log can then be exported from the printer to a USB key or downloaded to your computer.
If your printer experiences connectivity problems, use the utility to generate a log file, then submit a ticket to Markforged Support. Attach the log file to the ticket.
Running the Utility
- Select the menu icon in the upper-right corner of the touchscreen.
- Select Utilities > Network Diagnostics.
- Press Next.
- The utility will confirm that the printer is able to connect to the Eiger server. The process should take less than a minute to complete.
Sharing the Log File
To share the log file with Markforged Support, you must first download it from the printer to your computer -- either via USB key or through the printer-administration interface in the Eiger web application.
Downloading the Log File Through Eiger
- Open the Account Settings screen in Eiger.
- Select the printer name from the list at left.
- Select ... > Download Logs. The log file will download directly to your computer.
Transferring the Log File via USB Key
- Insert a FAT32-formatted USB key into the printer's USB port.
- Select the menu icon in the upper-right corner of the printer's touchscreen.
- Select Storage > Save Log Files. The log file will be saved to the root directory of the USB key.
- Remove the USB key from the printer and transfer the file on the USB key to your computer.