- 2.5mm hex driver
Removing the Motherboard
- Shut off your printer, remove the print bed, and unplug the power supply from the back panel.
- Unload and remove all plastic and fiber print material from the printer.
- Place the printer upside down on a flat, stable surface.
- Using a 2.5mm hex driver, remove the twelve screws that attach the bottom plate to the printer and set them aside.
- Remove the bottom plate from the printer and set it aside.
- Carefully unplug all nine (9) connections from the motherboard.
- Remove the four (4) screws connecting the motherboard to the printer and set them aside.
- Remove the motherboard from your printer.
Replacing the Motherboard
- Place the new motherboard in your printer.
- Using a 2.5mm hex driver, replace the four (4) screws that connect the motherboard to the printer.
- Carefully reconnect all nine (9) connections to the board. Note: The print-head ribbon cable (bottom-right in the photo below) connects to a socket on the underside of the motherboard.
- Replace the bottom plate on the printer.
- Replace the ten screws that connect the bottom plate to the printer.
- Turn the printer right side up and place it on a flat, stable surface.
- Plug the power cord in and turn the printer on. Ensure that it boots successfully.