- Prepare the Printer for Inspection
- Verify BeagleBone and Motherboard Connections
- Verify USB Connections
Preparing your Printer for Inspection
It may be necessary to verify that connections between the printer's circuit boards are firm and secure. Before you can start checking connections, your printer must be properly prepared.
To prepare your Mark Two printer for inspection:
- Power off and unplug the printer.
- Remove any Nylon and Fiber materials as well as the print bed.
- Tape the lid and front shield of the printer closed to prevent them from accidentally opening.
- Carefully turn the printer upside down so the bottom is facing up.
- Remove the 10 screws that hold the bottom panel in place. The inside of your printer should look similar to the following:
Note: The metal cover over the BeagleBone may be Black, Silver or Orange. The color has no bearing on these instructions.
Verifying the Connections to the BeagleBone and Motherboard
When verifying the connections in your printer, please refer to the following reference for part names and locations:
To verify the connections to the BeagleBone and Motherboard:
- Disconnect all of the cables on the left and right sides of the BeagleBone with the exception of the gray cable. The gray cable will stay connected to the BeagleBone and must be disconnected from the green circuit board as shown below.
- Pull up on the BeagleBone case to remove it from the touchscreen. If necessary gently rock the BeagleBone left and right to loosen it.
Note: You should be left with only the touchscreen attached to the printer frame.
- Turn the BeagleBone over and inspect the connection between the gray wire and the BeagleBone, ensure it is properly secured.
- If the gray wire is connected properly, replace the BeagleBone back on the board and secure it to the prongs on the touchscreen.
Note: Ensure that the USB port on the BeagleBone is facing to the right.
- Re-attach all of the cables to the BeagleBone including the grey wire to the green motherboard. Verify that connections of all cables are tight to the motherboard.
Verifying the USB Connections
To verify the USB connections on your Mark Two printer:
- Verify that the connection from then USB Hub to the BeagleBone is secure.
- Verify that the connection leading from the bottom of the USB Hub is secure.
- Verify that the connection made from the USB Hub to the green Motherboard is secure.
- Verify that the USB cable from the green Motherboard is secure at both ends.