- Prepare the Printer for Inspection
- Verify BeagleBone and Motherboard Connections
- Verify USB Connections
Preparing your Printer for Inspection
It may sometimes be necessary to verify that connections between the printer's circuit boards are firm and secure. Before you can start checking connections, your printer must be properly prepared.
To prepare your printer for inspection:
- Unload any plastic and fiber materials as well as the print bed.
- Power off and unplug the printer.
- Tape the lid and front shield of the printer closed to prevent them from accidentally opening.
- Carefully turn the printer upside down so the bottom is facing up.
- Remove the screws that hold the bottom panel in place: 10 screws for Desktop Series printers and 12 screws for Industrial models.
Note: The metal cover over the BeagleBone may be black, silver or orange; the boards are otherwise identical.
Verifying the Connections to the BeagleBone and Motherboard
When verifying the connections in your printer, please refer to the following images for part names and locations:
To verify the connections to the BeagleBone and Motherboard:
- Disconnect all of the cables on the left and right sides of the BeagleBone with the exception of the gray cable. The gray cable will stay connected to the BeagleBone and must be disconnected from the green circuit board instead.
- Pull up on the BeagleBone case to remove it from the touchscreen. If necessary, gently rock the BeagleBone left and right to loosen it.
Note: You should be left with only the touchscreen attached to the printer frame.
- Turn the BeagleBone over and inspect the connection between the gray wire and the BeagleBone. Ensure that it is properly secured.
- If the gray wire is connected properly, replace the BeagleBone back on the board and secure it to the prongs on the touchscreen.
Note: Ensure that the USB port on the BeagleBone is facing to the right.
- Reattach all of the cables to the BeagleBone including the grey wire to the green motherboard. Verify that all motherboard connections are tight and secure.
Verifying the USB Connections
To verify the USB connections on your Mark Two printer:
- Verify that the connection from the USB hub to the BeagleBone is secure.
- Verify that the connection from the bottom of the USB Hub is secure.
- Verify that the connection from the USB hub to the green Motherboard is secure.
- Verify that the USB cable from the green Motherboard is secure at both ends.