Note: As of app version 2019-05-24, this version of the Unload Plastic utility has been deprecated. The new version of the Unload Plastic utility is documented here.
Unloading Plastic Filament
To unload plastic filament from your Printer:
- Push in the black push-to-connect fitting to release the plastic filament feed tube.
- Pull the feed tube from the push-to-connect fitting to expose the plastic material and use a pair of cutters to cut the plastic at a 45-degree angle.
- Select the menu icon from the dashboard.
- Select the Materials tile from the menu options.
- Select the Unload Plastic tile to run the unload plastic routine.
- Press Next to continue, when prompted.
- Take hold of the cut plastic material and help direct it free from the plastic extruder.
- Press Stop on the printer's touchscreen when the plastic has been completely unloaded.
Note: The extruder may click loudly when the plastic is extracted all the way. This is normal.
- Press Next on the printer's touchscreen to continue with the routine.
- Press Load Plastic to load a different spool or Not Now to exit the routine.