Note Regarding Offset Data
Note that that a factory reset clears motherboard offsets from the printer, which will lead to a reduction in print quality.
Prior to performing a factory reset, you must provide printer log files to Markforged Support. This will aid in troubleshooting, and will enable the Support team to create an offset MFP to restore proper offset values.
Create the Factory Reset Key
- Ensure that your USB is FAT32 formatted and has a capacity of at least 2GB.
- Download the Markforged System Reset Image file.
- Insert a USB thumb drive into your computer.
NOTE: Any data on the USB Key will be deleted during this process.
- Download and install balenaEtcher. This is application allows you to turn a regular USB thumb drive into a reset key. balenaEtcher is compatible with Windows, OSX, and Linux.
- Open balenaEtcher and press the Select Image button in the window.
- Browse to the location of the System Reset Image file and select it.
- Select the flash drive that you would like to use as a reset key, if the software did not automatically find it.
- Press the Flash button.
- Wait for balenaEtcher to create the reset key.
- Wait for balenaEtcher to scan and validate the image file.
- Wait for balenaEtcher to show the Flash Complete text and then remove the formatted reset key.
Execute the System Reset
- Turn the printer off.
- Plug the System Reset Key drive into the USB connector on the printer.
NOTE: For Desktop Series printers, the USB connector is located on the back, next to the Wifi Antenna. For Industrial Series and Metal X printers, the USB connector is located on the right-hand facing side.
- Turn the printer on.
Note: The printer’s display will remain dark for the first 30 seconds. After that, commands will appear and scroll down the screen, pausing for periods of time.
- Turn the printer off when the System halted text appears at the bottom of the printer display.
- Remove the System Reset Key.
- Wait several seconds and turn the printer back on.
Note: This reboot will take longer than subsequent ones. You should be returned to normal default home screen when the boot finishes.
Once your printer’s software has been restored to its factory default state, it is important that you update the software to the latest version available.