- #1 Philips screwdriver
- 2.5mm hex driver
Note on Terminology
Victoria Board is Markforged's original term for the Desktop Series motherboard.
Removing the Victoria Board
To remove the Victoria Board from your Mark Two printer:
- Shut off your printer, remove the print bed, and unplug the power supply from the back panel.
- Unload and remove all plastic and fiber print material from the printer.
- Tape the lid and front shield of the printer closed. This will prevent them from accidentally opening when inverting the printer.
- Place the printer upside down on a flat, stable surface.
- Using a #1 Philips screwdriver, remove the ten (10) screws that attach the bottom plate to the printer and set them aside.
- Remove the bottom plate from the printer and set it aside.
- Carefully unplug all nine (9) connections from the Victoria Board.
- Using a 2.5mm hex driver, remove the four (4) screws connecting the Victoria Board to the printer and set them aside. Note: The print-head ribbon cable (bottom-right in the photo above) connects to a socket on the underside of the motherboard.
- Remove the Victoria Board from your printer.
Replacing the Victoria Board
To replace the Victoria Board from your Mark Two printer:
- Place the new Victoria Board in your printer.
- Using a 2.5mm hex driver, replace the four (4) screws that connect the Victoria Board to the printer.
- Carefully reconnect all nine (9) connections to the board. Note: The print-head ribbon cable (bottom-right in the photo below) connects to a socket on the underside of the motherboard.
- Replace the bottom plate on the printer.
- Replace the ten screws that connect the bottom plate to the printer.
- Turn the printer right side up and place it on a flat, stable surface.
- Remove the tape from the lid and front shield, then open the front shield and reinstall the print bed.
- Plug the power cord in and turn the printer on. Ensure that it boots successfully.
- Navigate to the firmware recovery utility: Menu > Utilities > Maintenance > Firmware Recovery. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Manually reboot your machine to complete the Firmware Recovery utility.