While printing fiber the Mark One 'primes' the fiber nozzle by extruding fiber from the cut point (located at the opposite end of the fiber Bowden tube from the print head) to the nozzle. Prime length is sensitive to material diameter and machine to machine tolerance variations. The 'Adjust Fiber Prime Length' Advanced Utility allows you to fine tune this important parameter on a per fiber type basis.
To calibrate the Fiber Prime Length:
- Make sure you have fiber loaded into your machine and that it can feed through the nozzle.
- Make sure the print bed is clear and properly seated in the kinematic coupling.
- On the touch screen go to Settings > Utilities > Advanced Utilities > Adjust Fiber Prime Length
- Select which fiber material you currently have loaded
- Use the buttons on the touch screen to raise (or lower) the print bed until the end of the fiber is just barely touching it.
- If the fiber coming out of the nozzle is curled use one hand to carefully straighten it down towards the bed, without pulling it farther out of the nozzle.
- Move the bed down until the fiber just barely cannot reach the bed
- Move the bed up once so the fiber is barely touching the bed
- Make sure nothing is obstructing the fiber in the fiber bowden tube.
- Finish the utility, clear the fiber and try again.
- If none of the above work please contact support for assistance.