With ultimate control comes ultimate responsibility.
The default print settings are optimized to produce strong, reliable parts with a high completion rate. The layer editor gives you full control, but we suggest you proceed with caution, and keep a watchful eye on the printer to prevent any damage to the print head.
For example, you can design parts, and edit layer to a point where the print will not complete well.
- If you use extremely sparse infill settings, and you specify one roof layer, nylon parts will not close well.
- If you print overhangs with an angle greater than 45 degrees, and don't use supports, parts will not complete well, and may have burnt sections.
- Roofs - use these to cap infill (triangle fill / hex fill / square fill). The parameters have been optimized for bridging gaps.
- Floors - use as the default solid layer.
- Walls - outer layer / boarder of each part.