When the removal, replacement or inspection of the Fiber Bowden tube is required, please follow these instructions carefully
Warning: Do not remove the PTFE (plastic part) from the metal inserts on the extruder. Replacement Fiber Bowden Tubes are shipped as an assembly with the metal tube already on it. Removal of the tube from the metal insert will require a full bowden tube replacement.
- Undo the fiber tube nut at the print head and remove the fiber tube from the print head. Let it hang freely.
- Find the Allen key slot on the side of the fiber extruder, and insert the supplied Allen wrench in the hole.
- Unscrew the Allen screw counter clock-wise, just enough (half to 1 turn) to release the metal-tube insert. DO NOT unscrew the Allen screw all the way. Remove the fiber Bowden metal-tube-end, as shown below, from the extruder.
- Carefully remove the old fiber Bowden tube assembly - unthread it from the energy chain (the black chain that holds the tubes that run to the print head).
- Thread the metal-tube-end of the new fiber Bowden tube assembly from the print head, through the energy chain, to the extruder. Please make sure that the fiber tube is run along the inside path (towards the center of printer), and that it does not wrap around or tangle with the nylon (plastic) filament tube. The fiber Bowden tube location should be visible through the holes in the energy chain to verify the tube's path.
- Slide the metal-tube-end carefully into the V-groove visible through the slot in the side of the extruder, and gently tighten the set screw with the Allen wrench, making sure that the tube stays in the V-groove (otherwise it will be crushed).
- Carefully tighten the set screw clockwise, but do not over tighten. This screw only requires about 5 in-lb of torque.
- Insert the fiber tube into the print head and tighten the nut.