Creating the Factory Reset Key
To create the factory reset key:
- Download and unzip the Markforged Factory Reset Image file.
- Insert a USB thumb drive into your computer.
Note: The USB thumb drive must be at least 2GB in order to be made into a Reset Key.
- Download, install and run ImageUSB. ImageUSB is a program that will allow you to turn a regular USB thumb drive into a reset key.
NOTE: any data on the USB Key will be deleted during this process
- In ImageUSB, select the check box next to the USB drive you wish to reformat.
- Select the radio button next to "Write Image to USB" in the "Step 2" panel.
- In the "Step 3" panel, browse for the MarkForged Reset Image file that you downloaded earlier.
- Click "Write" in the "Step 4" panel. Click "Yes" for all the popups that come up.
- Wait for the program to complete and select "OK" when the final popup appears.
Executing the System Reset
To perform a System Reset of your printer:
- Turn the printer off.
- Plug the Recovery USB drive into the USB connector on the back of the printer.
- Turn the printer on. The printer’s display will remain dark for the first 30 seconds. After that, commands will appear and scroll down the screen, pausing for long periods of time.
- Turn the printer off when the text "System halted" appears at the bottom of the printer display.
- Remove the Recovery USB drive.
- Wait several seconds and turn the printer back on. This reboot will take longer than subsequent ones. You should be returned to normal default home screen when the boot finishes.
- Once your printer’s software has been restored to its factory default state, it is important that you update the software to the latest version available.