Note: Legacy documentation is no longer being updated. For up to date instructions, see our Desktop Series support articles.
Updating Firmware via USB
Your Mark One printer's firmware can be updated via USB. You will need a different USB thumb drive than the one that came with your printer.
To update your Mark Two Firmware via USB:
- Log into your eiger.io account and navigate to the About Eiger page.
- Click the Download Firmware button to download the USB Update.
- Put the USB update on a FAT32 formatted USB drive and insert the USB drive into your printer.
- Begin the update process by either:
- Pressing the blue Update Available banner at the bottom of the screen.
- Navigating to the Settings Page and press Update Manager.
- Press Update to apply the update. The update will take a few minutes to install and your printer will restart at the end. Do not turn your printer off during the update process.
Updating Firmware via Wi-Fi
Your Mark One printer's firmware can be updated via Wi-Fi. Before beginning, make sure your printer is connected to a Wi-Fi network. For more information, see Connecting to Wi-Fi, below.
To update your Mark One Firmware via Wi-Fi:
- Select Settings from the menu at the upper right corner of your printer's LCD screen.
- Select Update Manager.
- Press the Cloud Update icon if it is available. The update will take a few minutes to install and your printer will restart at the end. Do not turn your printer off during the update process.
Note: An update is available if the Cloud Update icon is blue. If the icon is gray, your system is either up to date or not connected to the internet.