This is caused by wet nylon. You will need to replace the nylon with a new, dry roll.
- Slightly wet nylon presents with small lumps on the outside of the part (like this yellow hexagon)
- Very wet nylon presents with stringing as seen on the circular reference part.
We have provided a sample part below to help determine if your nylon has accumulated too much moisture. If your wrench and / or other reference part has excessive stringing, the change your nylon for a dry roll.
Test Part Instructions:
You must have Nylon and Kevlar properly loaded in your Mark One to print the supplied Wrench test.
- Download the file Short_wrench_kevlar_test.mfp below.
NOTE: you must download the file appropriate to your printer versionMark One Short Wrench Kevlar Test File
Mark Two Short Wrench Kevlar Test File
- Copy file to USB flash drive (Do NOT use provided Recovery USB Drive). Learn more about printing from USB here ->.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the rear USB port
- One the Mark One screen, select the Menu Icon (upper right corner)
- Select Print From USB
- Select the Short_wrench_kevlar_test.mfp
- Select Print.
- If your final part has excessive stringing or large blobs of nylon, you will need to change your nylon spool for a new and dry one by following steps 9-12 below:
- Run the Unload Material routine and remove and discard the nylon in question.
- Open a new roll of nylon, paying close attention to the Material Handling and Storage instructions.
- Run the Load Material routine.
- Print away!