Note: Legacy documentation is no longer being updated. For up to date instructions, see our Desktop Series support articles.
There are Four Ways to Print a Part Created in Eiger on the Mark One 3D Printer
- Wifi (via your LAN) - print a part directly from within Eiger by selecting/printing to your online printer.
- Ethernet (via your LAN) - print a part directly from within Eiger by selecting/printing to your online printer.
- Printing an mfp file from a USB (FAT32) thumb drive inserted into the USB port located on the back of the printer. An .mfp file can be created / exported from Eiger by selecting "Export Build" as the printer selection.
Note: When creating a file name for your .mfp file, please limit the characters in the name to ASCII Characters. File names with non-standard ASCII characters will not be able to be recognized.
- Printing an mfp file from the printer's on-board memory/storage. An mfp file can be created / exported from Eiger by selecting "Export Build" as the printer selection. You can transfer the created mfp file to the printer's on-board memory/storage via a USB cable connected to your PC.
Note: You cannot transfer mfp files to the printer's internal memory/storage via a USB (FAT32) thumb drive - you can only print an mfp file from the USB (FAT32) thumb drive.
You cannot print directly to the Mark One 3D printer via the USB cable (or Ethernet cable) from your PC (no printer drivers are available) - you can only transfer mfp files to the printer's internal memory/storage via the USB cable.
To print the mfp files from the thumb drive or internal memory/storage, select "USB / Onboard Storage" from the printer's LCD touch screen, and then select the desired mfp file that you would like to print.
Connect via Wi-Fi
- On the Mark One touchscreen, touch the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right corner.
2. If you are offline, the "Offline" icon will be highlighted.
3. To connect to your wireless network, press the "Wi-Fi" icon, it will highlight in blue.
4. Once you have pressed the Wi-Fi icon, you will be prompted to select the network you want to join.
5. Once you have selected your network, if it is required you will be prompted for a password or network key. (If prompted, enter the password and select Save.)
6. The next screen will show that your network is seeking Eiger, this should only take a few moments.
7. Once your network has found Eiger, it will show you that it has successfully connected and is online.
Connect via Ethernet (LAN)
- Plug your ethernet cable into the ethernet port.
Note: Make sure your LAN (Local Area Network) uses DHCP.
- Reboot your Mark One.
- Once your Mark One reboots you should see the Ethernet Symbol in the upper right corner of the screen.
If you powered up your Mark One Composite 3D Printer™ before registering your machine, or for Eiger, you will need to cycle the power (turn off and on again) before your printer will be connected to your account