Replace the Tensioner
To replace the tensioner assembly:
- Manually move the print head to the center of the printer and turn the printer off.
- Use a 3mm hex wrench to loosen the set screw that applies tension to the belt.
- Use a 3mm hex wrench to remove the two screws that attach the tensioner to the printer chassis.
- Pull the old tensioner away from the printer chassis and release the belt from the pulley.
- Slide the belt around the pulley on the new tensioner.
- Make sure the belt is securely installed around each pulley and replace the new tensioner on the printer's chassis.
- Use a 3mm hex wrench to replace the two screws that attach the tensioner to the printer chassis.
- Follow steps below to Adjust the Belt Tension and Calibrate the Motor Encoders before printing.
Adjust Belt Tension
To adjust the belt tension on your printer:
- Install and open the Pano Tuner app on your mobile device.
- Within Pano Tuner settings, set the "Tolerance" field to the "+/- 10 Cents" position.
- Turn off the printer; manually move the printhead to a position that allows space for plucking the belt underneath the Y-rail opposite of the printhead.
- Place your phone's microphone close to, but not touching the belt opposite of the printhead. Pluck the belt, as if it were a guitar string. Use a 3mm hex wrench to adjust the belt tensioner until a frequency of 82Hz-84Hz is read by the app.
Calibrate Motor Encoders
To calibrate your encoders with the utility:
- Press the menu button in the upper right corner of your printer's LCD touch screen.
- Select the "Utilities" tile from the available options.
- Select the "Maintenance" tile from the available options.
- Select the "Calibrate Stepper Encoders"tile.
- Press "Unload Plastic" on your printer's touch screen.
- Push in the black Push-To-Connect fitting to release the plastic plastic filament feed tube.
- Pull the plastic tube from the Push-To-Connect fitting to expose the plastic filament.
- Using a pair of cutters, cut the plastic material at a 45 degree angle.
- Wait for the print head to heat up then press "Next" on the touch screen.
- Take hold of the cut plastic material and help direct it free from the plastic extruder. When it stops coming out, press “Stop” on the printer touch screen.
- Manually move the print head to the center of the printable area and press "Next" on the printer's touch screen.
- Allow the stepper motors to calibrate and then press "Done" on the printer's touch screen.
- Press "Done" to exit the utility or press "Retry" to re-calibrate the encoders.