Remove the Ribbon Cable
To remove the ribbon cable:
- Unload all material from your printer
- Turn your printer off and disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Remove the Wi-Fi antenna and place the printer on a flat, sturdy space with room to move the printer.
- Remove the four central screws from the back plate of the printer.
- Turn the printer on it's back side.
- Slide the cable cover such that the ribbon cable is accessible inside the printer.
- Slide the plastic ribbon cable clips until the cable is no longer tethered to the respective metal components.
- Pull the cable away from the printer to release it from the adhesive and the printer.
- Use a 2.5mm hex wrench to remove the 12 screws from the bottom plate of the printer.
- Remove the bottom plate from the printer.
- Disconnect the cable from the Victoria Board.
- Carefully slide the cable up through the bottom of the printer.
Replace the Ribbon Cable
To replace the ribbon cable:
- Slide the ribbon cable into the printer from the bottom of the printer, with the blank side of the cable against the back wall.
- Align the cable along the metal plate at the back of the printer and press the cable to the adhesive strip.
- Install the plastic clips to keep the cable tethered to the metal plate at the back of the printer.
- Connect the ribbon cable to the print head and slide the remaining plastic clip in place.
- Connect the ribbon cable to the Victoria board at the bottom of the printer.
- Replace the bottom plate and use a 2.5mm hex wrench to secure the 12 screws.
- Place the printer upright and align the cable cover, taking care not to pinch the cable in any place.
- Secure the four screws on the back plate of the printer.
- Test the print head to ensure that it can move through the entire gantry without putting too much stress on the cable.