Removing the Plastic Extruder
To remove the Plastic Extruder:
- Unload any Plastic filament from your printer.
- Unload any Fiber filament from your prnter.
- Allow your print head to cool down.
Note: The print head will take about five to seven minutes to completely cool.
- Turn off your printer.
- Use a 2mm Allen wrench to remove the set screw from the Fiber Feed Tube on the Fiber Extruder.
- Slide the Fiber Feed Tube out of the Plastic Extruder towards the back of the printer.
- Unscrew the thumb screw that connects the Plastic Bowden Tube to the Plastic Extruder.
- Remove the Plastic Bowden Tube from the Plastic Extruder and let it hang freely.
- Use a 2.5mm Allen wrench to remove the bolts that attach the Plastic Extruder bracket to the printer casing.
- Unclip the white wire clip that connects wires between the Plastic Extruder and the printer.
- Remove the Plastic Extruder from the printer.
Before starting a print, you should be sure to reinstall or replace your visor. For more information, see Replacing the Plastic Extruder.
Replacing the Plastic Extruder
To replace the Plastic Extruder on your printer:
- Place the new Plastic Extruder in the printer where the old one was.
- Re-attach the wires between the extruder and the printer by clipping the white wire clip.
- Place the bolts and lock washers from the old extruder in the holes on the bracket and use a 2.5mm Allen Wrench to tighten them.
- Slide the Fiber Feed Tube through the channel at the bottom of the New Plastic extruder, away from the back of the printer.
- Slide the metal insert from the Fiber Feed Tube into the V-shaped groove on the right side of the Fiber Extruder and use a 2mm Allen wrench to tighten the set screw.
- Reinstall the Plastic Bowden tube to the Plastic Extruder and tighten the thumb screw.
- Turn on the printer.
- Reload materials as needed.