Replacing the BeagleBone
To replace the BeagleBone on your printer:
- Unload any plastic or fiber filament that is loaded into the printer.
- Turn the printer off.
- Turn over the printer so it is resting on its top and there is easy access to the bottom plate.
- Use a 2mm Allen wrench to remove the 12 screws from the bottom plate of the printer.
- Unplug the four black cables from the sides of the BeagleBone.
- Use a 2mm Allen wrench to remove the two black screws holding the BeagleBone cover to the touch screen assembly.
- Disconnect the white clip that attaches the three wire connection to the Victoria Board.
- Cut the black zip ties that hold the wires that go between the Victoria Board and the BeagleBone.
- Pull the BeagleBone and aluminum cover straight off the touch screen assembly.
- Use the 2mm Allen wrench to remove the four screws that attach the BeagleBone to the aluminum cover and separate the board from the cover.
- Attach the new BeagleBone to the aluminum cover with the four screws.
- Align the BeagleBone over the touch screen assembly and apply firm, even pressure to plug the BeagleBone back in.
- Re-attach the white clip that connects the 3-wire connection to the Victoria Board.
- Use a small zip tie to keep wrap around the wires that run between the Victoria Board and the BeagleBone.
- Use the 2mm Allen wrench to install the two screws that attach the aluminum cover to the touch screen assembly.
- Plug the four black cables back into the BeagleBone.
- Put the bottom plate back on the printer and use a 2mm allen wrench to re-install the 12 screws.
- Carefully flip the printer back over such that it is standing up normally.
- Power the printer on and update the firmware.