Running the Motor Encoder Calibration Utility:
To calibrate your encoders with the utility:
- Press the menu button in the upper right corner of your printer's LCD touch screen.
- Select the "Utilities" tile from the available options.
- Select the "Maintenance" tile from the available options.
- Select the "Calibrate Stepper Encoders"tile.
- Press "Unload Plastic" on your printer's touch screen.
- Push in the black Push-To-Connect fitting to release the plastic plastic filament feed tube.
- Pull the plastic tube from the Push-To-Connect fitting to expose the plastic filament.
- Using a pair of cutters, cut the plastic material at a 45 degree angle.
- Wait for the print head to heat up then press "Next" on the touch screen.
- Take hold of the cut plastic material and help direct it free from the plastic extruder. When it stops coming out, press “Stop” on the printer touch screen.
- Manually move the print head to the center of the printable area and press "Next" on the printer's touch screen.
- Allow the stepper motors to calibrate and then press "Done" on the printer's touch screen.
- Press "Done" to exit the utility or press "Retry" to re-calibrate the encoders.