- Ensure your printer is ready to be connected
- Connect your printer via Wi-Fi
- Connect your printer via Ethernet
Before You Get Started
If you powered up your printer Printer before adding your printer to your Eiger account, you will need to power cycle the printer before it will be connected to your account.
If your network uses a firewall, you'll need to know and configure a few things:
- Mark Two supports DHCP only, there is no support for static IPs
- Ports: Any corporate firewall or antivirus must allow communication on the following ports:
- URLs: The Mark Two must have access to the following sites:
- Only Google Chrome is supported and Web Sockets must be enabled
If you are unable to connect to your printer due to a secure internet connection or other network issues, you will still be able to print offline via USB.
Connect via Wi-Fi
To connect to your printer via WiFi:
- On the printer's touchscreen, touch the "Wi-Fi" icon in the upper right corner.
Note: If you are offline, the "Offline" icon will be highlighted. If you are connected, the type of connectivity you are using will be highlighted.
- To connect to your wireless network, press the "Wi-Fi" icon; it will highlight in blue.
- Select a network to join from the dropdown menu.
- You may be prompted to enter a password or network key once your network is selected. If prompted, enter the password and select "Save".
Note: The next screen will show that your network is seeking Eiger, this should only take a few moments.
- Once your network has found Eiger, the printer will show you that it has successfully connected and is online.
Connect via Ethernet (LAN)
To connect to your printer via ethernet
- Plug your ethernet cable into the ethernet port.
Note: Make sure your LAN (Local Area Network) uses DHCP.
- Reboot your printer.
Once your printer reboots you should see the Ethernet Symbol in the upper right corner of the screen.