Remove the Plastic Extruder
To remove the Plastic Extruder:
- Unload any Plastic filament from your printer.
- Unload any Fiber filament from your printer.
- Allow your print head to cool down.
Note: The print head will take about five to seven minutes to completely cool.
- Turn off your printer.
- Use a 2mm allen wrench to loosen the top right set screw on the front plate of the Fiber Extruder.
- Remove the Fiber Feed Tube inlet from the Fiber Extruder and slide the Fiber Feed Tube out of the channel in the bottom of the Plastic Extruder.
- Unscrew the thumb screw that connects the Plastic Bowden Tube to the Plastic Extruder.
- Remove the Plastic Bowden Tube from the Plastic Extruder and let it hang freely.
- Use a 2.5mm allen wrench to remove the bolts that attach the Plastic Extruder to bracket to the printer chassis.
- Unclip the white wire clips that attach to the Plastic Extruder.
- Remove the Plastic Extruder from the printer.
Replace the Plastic Extruder
To replace the Plastic Extruder:
- Place the new Plastic Extruder in the printer.
- Re-attach the white wire clips onto the Plastic Extruder.
- Place the bolts and lock washers in the holes on the printer chassis.
- Slide the Fiber Feed Tube through the channel at the bottom of the Plastic Extruder towards the Fiber Extuder.
- Slide the metal inlet on the Fiber Feed Tube into the V-shaped groove on the right side of the Fiber Extruder and use the 2mm allen wrench to tighten the set screw.
- Reinstall the Plastic Bowden Tube in the Plastic Extruder and tighten the thumb screw.
- Turn on the printer and reload materials.