Importing STL Files
Eiger creates parts from STL files. To create a print, users must first import an STL file, then edit the part's settings as desired. Eiger only supports .STL file types for import; for best results, files should generally be smaller than 20MB.
To import STL files into Eiger:
- Navigate to Eiger and sign in. You will be automatically redirected to your Eiger Library page.
- Select the Import STL button at the top of the screen.
- Select the part you would like to upload into Eiger.
- Configure any part settings as necessary and save the part.
Saving Eiger Parts
Parts that are imported into Eiger must be saved to appear in your organization's library. From there, they can be added to a build, shared with Markforged Support, or edited in the internal view.
- Import the STL file into Eiger.
- Configure any part settings as needed, including part name or printer model.
Note: If the Printer Model field is currently set to a printer revision that you don't have registered to your account, you may be prompted with a pop-up notification to register a printer or save anyways.
- Press the Save button in the lower right corner of the screen.
Note: If you do not have Cloud Slicing enabled, or if you are slicing from Local Storage Eiger, then the slicing and saving process may pause if the page is minimized. For best results, limit part size to 20MB or less.
Cloning an Eiger Part
Cloning an Eiger part will make a copy of the part with the exact same print settings and configurations as the current revision. When a part is cloned, it is automatically saved into your organization's library.
- Open the Eiger part that you want to clone.
- Click on the Clone icon near the top right corner of the screen.
- Print the part, or make any desired changes and press Save.
Reslice a Part
At times it may be necessary to reslice a part -- for instance, when a new software release makes changes to Eiger's slicer. Reslicing a part is as simple as selecting a new print material in the Part Settings pane, saving, then reselecting the original material and saving again.
To reslice a part:
- In the Part Settings pane of the Part View, select a different material from the Material dropdown menu, then select Save.
- Reselect the original material from the Material dropdown menu, then select Save.
Update an STL File
- Open the Eiger part you want to update.
- Click on the Update STL icon near the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose the correct revision of the STL file to upload.
- Edit the part settings as desired and press Save.
Download an STL File from a Part
- Open the Eiger part that you want to get the STL from.
- Click on the Download STL icon near the top right corner of the screen.
Note: Downloading the STL will only give you the file that is used to generate the part in Eiger. It will not include any information about print settings or any configurations that have been programmed in Eiger after importing.