Removing the Printer Touch Screen
It may be necessary to replace the printer touch screen if it is damaged or if it experiences a failure.
To replace the LCD touch screen on your printer:
- Power off and unplug the printer
- Remove any Plastic and Fiber materials as well as the print bed.
- Tape the lid and front shield of the printer closed to prevent them from accidentally opening.
- Turn the printer upside down so the bottom is facing up.
- Remove the 10 screws that hold the bottom panel in place.
- The Touchscreen and BeagleBone will be centered and toward the front of the printer.
Note: The metal cover over the BeagleBone may be Black, Silver or Orange. The color has no bearing on these instructions.
- Disconnect all of the cables on the left and right sides of the BeagleBone with the exception of the gray cable. Remove the gray cable from the motherboard rather than from the BeagleBone.
- Pull up on the BeagleBone case to remove it from the touchscreen. If necessary gently rock the BeagleBone left and right to loosen it.
- Remove the 4 screws holding the touchscreen to the printer frame and put them aside.
- Remove the LCD touch screen from your printer.
Replacing the Printer Touch Screen
To replace the LCD touch screen on your Mark Two printer:
- Place the new touch screen into the opening for it, aligning the holes on the board with the holes in the printer casing.
- Secure the new screen with the four screws from the previous screen.
Note: Be careful to not over tighten the screws. Hand tightening only until the screws are snug against the touchscreen board.
- Secure the BeagleBone to the prongs on the new touchscreen.
Note: Ensure that the USB port on the BeagleBone is facing to the right.
- Re-attach all of the cables, turn your printer over, and turn it on.