Updating Firmware via USB
Your Onyx One printer can be updated via USB. You will need a different USB thumb drive than the one that came with your printer.
To update your Onyx One Firmware via USB:
- Log into your Eiger.io account and navigate to the About Eiger page.
- Click the Download Firmware" button to download the USB Update.
- Put the USB update on a FAT32 formatted USB drive and insert the USB drive into your printer.
- Begin the update process by either:
- Pressing the blue "Update Available" banner at the bottom of the screen.
- Navigating to the "Settings Page" and press "Update Manager".
- Press “Update” to apply the update. The update will take a few minutes to install and your printer will restart at the end. Do not turn your printer off during the update process.
Updating Firmware via Wi-Fi
Your Onyx One printer can be updated via Wi-Fi. Before beginning, make sure your printer is connected to a Wi-Fi network. For more information, see Connecting to Wi-Fi.
To update your Onyx One Firmware via Wi-Fi:
- Select "Settings" from the menu at the upper right corner of your printer's LCD screen.
- Select "Update Manager" from the list of options.
- Press the "Cloud Update" icon if it is available. The update will take a few minutes to install and your printer will restart at the end. Do not turn your printer off during the update process.
Note: An update is available if the "Cloud Update" icon is blue. If the icon is gray, your system is either up to date or not connected to the internet.